ESSA Pharma is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on developing therapeutics for patients with prostate cancer. ESSA’s lead molecule is a first-in-class small molecule inhibitor of the N-terminal domain of the androgen receptor and is being tested in patients with metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer. ESSA is also developing other small molecules for oncology. As a virtual company, all laboratory work is performed at contract research organizations (CROs). The research group at ESSA is a small, multi-disciplinary team of dedicated and highly collaborative scientists.
We are seeking a passionate and motivated biologist to oversee a variety of assays, primarily cell-based, at CROs. This is a forward-facing role and requires hands-on experience in cell-based assay development, excellent data analysis skills, and exceptional communication abilities (both oral and written). Prior experience managing remote lab work at CROs would be a plus. The ideal candidate will also be highly organized and an independent thinker with experience in prostate cancer, nuclear hormone receptor signaling, and/or biochemical and cell-based assay development. This role is a fantastic opportunity to learn about drug development in a fast-paced research environment.
This position will:
- Manage the execution of in vitro biology assays being conducted at CROs, including biochemical, cell-based, and biophysical assays
- Troubleshoot technical laboratory issues as they arise
- Analyze, interpret, and present results to the project team
- Assist with preparation of data for publication at scientific conferences
- Assist in the design and implementation of new biochemical, cellular, and biophysical assays to support preclinical development of therapeutic compounds
- Manage multiple projects and interact cross-functionally within preclinical research
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Molecular/Cell Biology with 0-2 years industry experience or MS with 4+ years industry experience
- Hands-on experience with molecular and cellular techniques (e.g., western blots, qPCR, plate-based assays, mammalian cell culture, cell-based functional assay development)
- Experience managing remote work at CROs is a plus
- Ability to work both independently to direct studies and interpret data and as an integrated member of a small research team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data analysis software, including GraphPad Prism
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing project needs and eager to learn new skills