Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
The ideal candidate must have a Ph.D. in cancer biology/pharmacology with at least 2-3 years of direct, post doctorate experience with models of oncology. ESSA pharma is a virtual company, and this position is “hands-off” with no bench work – all work outsourced to CROs.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of oncology drug developers, playing a key role in using in vivo models of cancer to evaluate new drug candidates and support the ongoing clinical trials. Ideal applicants will possess excellent communication and organizational skills, critical problem-solving abilities, and a commitment to excellence. Experience working on teams that have transitioned multiple oncology molecules into Phase I testing is desirable. An in-depth knowledge of the scientific area of prostate cancer, androgen receptor or steroid receptors is not required but would be an advantage. The position can be remote.
Under the supervision of, and working closely with, the Exec. Director, Preclinical Development and Translational Medicine, the successful candidate will
- Use existing and newly acquired technical and scientific in vivo pharmacology expertise to advance a variety of small molecule drug discovery programs from target identification/validation to IND enabling activities and ultimately to clinical Proof of Concept in patients.
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment, as the incumbent will participate in multidisciplinary project teams.
- Design, develop, characterize, implement, and validate in CROs, relevant in vivo oncology-related models including subcutaneous xenografts for identifying and profiling the pharmacologic effects of drug candidates.
- Document, analyze and interpret ADME, PK, PKPD and efficacy experiments for the evaluation of pre-clinical/clinical candidates.
- Design, conduct and manage the execution of specific bioanalytical and ADME/PK (in vitro and in vivo) studies for multiple research and development programs.
- Interact cross-functionally and across the enterprise, as well as manage multiple activities to ensure project timelines are met.
The successful candidate will manage studies performed at CROs, evaluate the resulting data, develop technical documentation, and assist with the preparation and/or review of information supporting regulatory submissions.
- PhD with expertise in cancer molecular pathways and/or in vivo models of cancer
- Ability to effectively design, execute, and troubleshoot experimental protocols to develop new methodologies
- Proficient in data analysis software including Prism, Spotfire or other
- Possess the ability to communicate results at internal and external meetings and has the capacity to manage outsourced research
Preference will be given to candidates with
- Hands on experience with small rodents and administering drugs through various routes
- Hands on experience with molecular and cellular biological techniques used to analyze biomarker (DNA, RNA, proteins) from plasma and tissues (qPCR, RNAseq, IHC, ELISA, mass spec, DNAseq)
Competitive salary, great benefits including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, LTD), FSA (medical and dependent care) 401(k) plan participation including Company match, equity participation (options and ESPP), Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays and flexible work schedule.